Terms and conditions
- Electronic Form. By accessing the Website or becoming a Member, you consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
- Non-electronic Copy. You have the right to receive this Agreement in non-electronic form. You may request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement either before or after you electronically sign the Agreement. To receive a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Box Media LLC, Legal Department, 560 Broadway Suite 304, New York, NY 10012.
- Withdrawing Your Consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
- Effect. Should you choose to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form, we will discontinue your then-current username and password. This means that you will not have the right to use the Service unless, and until, we issue you a new username and password. We only will issue you a new username and password after we receive a signed copy of a non-electronic version of this Agreement, which we will send to you upon request.
- Notice. To withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Box Media LLC, Legal Department, 560 Broadway Suite 304, New York, NY 10012.
- Prospective Nature. Your withdrawal of consent shall be effective within a reasonable time after we receive your withdrawal notice described above. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of the Agreement provided to, and electronically signed by, you prior to the effective date of your withdrawal.
- Access and Retention. In order to access and retain this electronic Agreement, you must have access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access Web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must use all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please print a copy of this document for your records. To retain an electronic copy of this Agreement, you may save it into any word processing program. Via the Web site, we will notify you of any changes in the hardware or software requirements needed to access and/or retain this Agreement that create a material risk that you will not be able to continue to access and/or retain this electronic Agreement.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of to register as a Member of or otherwise use the Website. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Membership and Pricing. For the time being, you may become a Member of the Service at no cost. This may change at any time without prior notice to you.
4. Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Web site and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by sending Box Media LLC written notice of termination to Box Media LLC, Legal Department, 560 Broadway Suite 304, New York, NY 10012 or e-mail notice of termination to email@example.com. Box Media LLC may terminate your membership and/or subscription by sending notice to you at the e-mail address you provide in your application for membership, or such other e-mail address as you may later provide to Box Media LLC. All decisions regarding the termination of accounts shall be made in the sole discretion of Box Media LLC. Box Media LLC is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your membership. Box Media LLC is not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing a reason for the termination of your account. Even after your membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. All terms that by their nature may survive termination of this Agreement shall be deemed to survive such termination.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The Website is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service or the Website for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or e-mail addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website may be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Website is with the permission of Box Media LLC, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in Box Media LLC’s sole discretion.
6. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password that you designate during the Registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify Box Media LLC of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Box Media LLC will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, you may wish to consider disabling your auto–sign in feature if you have linked your Microsoft .Net Passport or AOL ScreenName to your Box Media LLC account.
7. Your Interactions with Other Members. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. You understand that Box Media LLC does not in any way screen its Members, nor does Box Media LLC inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Members. Box Media LLC makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members or their compatibility with any current or future Members. In no event shall Box Media LLC be liable for any damages whatsoever — whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental — arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service.
8. Content on Website.
- Proprietary Rights. Box Media LLC owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Web site and the Service. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Box Media LLC, and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
- Reliance on Content, Advice, Etc. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by Box Media LLC, are those of their respective authors and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Box Media LLC does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service, or (ii) adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Web site. Under no circumstances will Box Media LLC or its affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any Members.
9. Content Posted by You on the Website.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service, or transmit to other Members. You will not post on the Service, or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material—or any material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading, or false information to the Company or to any other Member. If information provided to Box Media LLC, or another Member, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading, or false, you will promptly notify Box Media LLC of such change.
- You understand and agree that Box Media LLC may review and delete any content, messages, e-mails, photos, or profiles (collectively, “Content”), in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of Box Media LLC violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
- By posting Content to any public area of Box Media LLC, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Box Media LLC, its affiliates, licensees, and successors an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your content by Box Media LLC will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is
illegal or prohibited on the Website. Box Media LLC reserves the right to
investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against
anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing
the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership
of such violators. It includes, but is not limited to, Content that:
* is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
* harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
* involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
* promotes information that you know is false and misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
* promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio, or video, or links to pirated images, audio, or video files;
* contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
* provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
* provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
* solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
* engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent.
- Your use of the Service, including but not limited to the Content you post on the Service, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or e-mail addresses.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members. This includes but is not limited to solicitation or advertising to buy or sell any products or services through the Service or to attend parties or other social functions or networking for commercial purposes. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other Members. Although Box Media LLC cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Web site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.
- All information you include in your Member profile must be accurate, current, and complete.
10. Prohibited Activities. Box Media LLC reserves the right to investigate
and terminate your membership if you have misused the Service or behaved in
a way that could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful
or illegal. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you
may not engage in with respect to the Service:
* You will not impersonate any person or entity.
* You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
* You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Box Media LLC without our specific prior written consent.
* You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
* You will not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
* You will not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
* You will not interfere with or disrupt the Services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the Services or the site.
* You will not post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
* You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
* You will not “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service or the Web site without Box Media LLC’s prior written authorization. You also shall not use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Box Media LLC or the Service or the site in order to direct any person to any other Website for any purpose.
* You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or the Web site or any software used on or for the Service or cause others to do so.
11. Customer Service. Box Media LLC provides assistance and guidance through its customer care representatives. When communicating with our customer care representatives, you may not to be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your membership.
12. Modifications to Service. Box Media LLC reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Box Media LLC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
13. Blocking of IP Addresses. In order to protect the integrity of the Service, Box Media LLC reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Web site.
14. Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; a written statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Box Media LLC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Box Media LLC, Legal Dept., 560 Broadway Suite 304, New York, NY 10012
15. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. Box Media LLC reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
17. Disclaimers. Box Media LLC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. Box Media LLC is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Web site or Member of the Service. Box Media LLC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. Box Media LLC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will Box Media LLC or any of its affiliates, advertisers, promoters or distribution partners be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Web site or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Web site, whether online or offline. The Web site and the Service are provided “AS IS” and Box Media LLC expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Box Media LLC cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Web site and/or the Service. In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted on the Website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. Box Media LLC makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
18. Links. The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Box Media LLC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Box Media LLC is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Box Media LLC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
19. Limitation on Liability. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will Box Media LLC be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Web site or the Service, even if Box Media LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Box Media LLC’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Box Media LLC for the Service during the term of membership.
20. U.S. Export Controls. Software from this Website (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
21. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. If there is any dispute arising out of the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of New York, in New York County, for the resolution of any such dispute.
22. Indemnity by You. You agree to indemnify and hold Box Media LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
23. No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
24. Other. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Box Media LLC regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement. Very Short List and VeryShortList.com are trademarks of Box Media LLC.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
Check out the latest
Very Short List emails: